Eaton MTL ExLAN
- Intrinsically Safe ATEX / IECEx Component Certification
- Ex ia IIC T4 Ga; Ex ia IIIC T135°C Da (non-mining), Ex ia I Ma (M1 mining). Ta = -40ºC to +70ºC
- PoExTM Compatible (Power over IS Ethernet) 10/100 BASE-T IS Ethernet Interface for standard Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet Cabling Systems
- Voltage Clamping (Duplicate OVP crowbar circuitry) clamps users 5V or 3V3 supply rail to 5.88V maximum
- ExLAN interface connects between the Ethernet port Magnetic (transformer) and RJ45 (or other) connector “¢
- Magnetic can be omitted if not required and ExLAN module then connects directly to PHY
The MTL ExLAN is a simple and compact Intrinsically Safe (IS) 10/100Mbps Ethernet Interface intended to simplify OEM product design and certification.
The MTL ExLAN module can be integrated into your IS instrumentation design to power and communicate with the device over an IS Ethernet network. As well as providing the essential LAN interface, the module voltage clamps the equipment”™s main supply rail together to ensure the Ethernet signals generated are limited to low intrinsically safe levels. It is fully compatible with PoExTM technology and our 9400 MTL IS Ethernet range.