- Zone 1, Zone 2 & non-Ex use.
- Ex de IIB T4.
- ATEX approved, Ex II 2 G.
- IECEx approved, Gb.
- CUTR certified.
- BASEEFA certified.
- Brazilian (Inmetro) certified.
- IP66 and 67.
- Certified temperature: -50ºC to +70ºC*.
- Up to 116 dB(A)*.
- Version with independent beacon/sounder operation now available.
- 27 Tones, user selectable (dual tone option – d.c. voltage).
- Tones comply with UKOOA/PFEER guidelines.
- Integral volume control.
- GRP corrosion-free flamepath.
- Ratcheted swivel mounting stirrup.
- Stainless steel fixtures.
- Tapered flamepath.
This range of beacon/sounder units, intended for use in potentially explosive gas atmospheres, has a sound output of up to 116dB(A) and tube energy of up to 10 joules (beacon). It is suitable for use in the harsh environmental conditions found offshore and onshore in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries. The flamepaths, flare and body are manufactured from a UV stable glass reinforced polyester. Stainless steel screws and mounting stirrup are incorporated to ensure a corrosion-free product. A tapered flamepath is used to overcome the problems of assembly of parallel spigot flamepaths.