Eaton MTL 9468-ET
- Zone 2 mountable for connections to Zone 0 and 1
- Galvanically isolated RJ45 ports
- Transparent operation
- Compact alternative solution to fibre optics and media converters
- ATEX / IECEx certified
- FM / FMC approved
- Wide temp. range -40°C to +70°C
- Single 20-30V DC power supply
- Status LEDs to show activity
The 9400 product range provides cost-effective Intrinsically Safe (IS) Ethernet equipment that can be installed and maintained easily in hazardous areas. The intrinsically safe hazardous area certification permits the components to be mounted in a Zone 1 hazardous area with connectivity into Zone 0 and the associated apparatus certification of the 9468-ET IS Ethernet isolator and 9491-PS IS power supply allow this equipment to be mounted in a Zone 2 hazardous area and connected to intrinsically safe equipment in a Zone 0 or 1 hazardous area.
In Process Automation it is also preferable to use a single cable to provide both power and communications to the end device. The 9460-ET range can deliver Intrinsically Safe Power over Ethernet (PoExâ„¢) with a single Cat 5e or Cat 6 cable, allowing live connection and disconnection of the end device in Zone 0 and 1 hazardous areas.