Eaton MTL4851 & Eaton MTL4852 HART Multiplexers
- Designed to mount directly to a range of general purpose HART® connection units and IS backplanes
- Provides a simple interface to smart devices in the field
- Connect up to 7936 HART® devices on a single RS485 network
- LED indication for fault diagnosis
- Auto baud rate detection
- Connectivity to HART® configuration and Instrument Management software (IMS)
The MTL4851/52 HART connection system is the system of choice for unrivalled flexibility. Based on 16 channel modularity the system can be easiliy expanded to cover up to 7936 HART devices on one network. The flexibility of the MTL4851/52 and its ability to communicate with any of the Instrument Management Software (IMS) packages on the market today allows us to offer the optimum solution for any application – both general purpose and Intrinsically Safe.
The HART multiplexer provides the brains of the system and consists of a combination of two modules, the MTL4851 – HART communications module and MTL4852 – HART interface module. They provide the HART data interface between smart devices in the field and HART instrument management software running on a PC. The modules, which mount on to a range of HART backplanes, connect to the field devices via either HART connection units or IS backplanes depending on the application.