Eaton MTL4854 Multi-modem Multiplexer
- Mount directly to a range of customised connection units
- MTL4850 designed for use with SIL3 loops (non interfering)
- MTL4854 designed for use in partial-stroke test valve positioner applications
- Connect over 2000 loops on one RS485 network
- Auto baud rate detection
- LED indication for fault diagnosis
- Isolated Power Supply
- Firmware upgradeable
For applications where communication paths with several field devices need to be established and maintained in parallel, the MTL4854 HART® multiplexer is the ideal product to use. This is a module that has the same 32 channel capacity as the MTL4850 for connection to field devices but now has four HART modems rather than just one.
Essentially this gives 4 x 8 channel multiplexers in one compact housing, enabling simultaneous communication with several field devices through one serial link. One particular use for this is during partial-stroke testing of valve positioners, where the ability to maintain access to other connected devices while the multiplexer would otherwise be locked enables plant monitoring to continue.